Sunday, March 28, 2021

One-of-a-Kind Mom

 

Send a Smile 4 Kids needs Mother's Day cards, so I created this one for them. The theme of Double Trouble's current challenge, "A Magical Day," inspired the imagery & the font for the greeting. I also did the Double Dare for this challenge, by using a "Checkered Frames" die from Impression Obsession. The inspiration for this card came from one I saw on Pinterest.

I downloaded the unicorn image from Pixabay.com. I opened it in Photoshop, and sized it to fit my panel inside the frame. I used the Springtime Flourish font on my computer for the greeting. I typed each line on a separate layer, and then used the Move tool to position them. After I merged just the greeting layers into one layer, I added a purple-to-pink gradient layer for the unicorn. I created a clipping mask so it would affect just the image. I did the same gradient--reversed--on another layer, for the greeting, & did a clipping mask for that as well. Finally, I printed it onto a piece of white cardstock.

I die cut my frame from a piece of purple "Watercolor" patterned paper from Recollections. I also cut a panel of white cardstock with the same frame die. I adhered the outer white cardstock frame to an A2 size card base, and inlaid the purple frame inside. I saved the squares from the white cardstock I'd die cut, & inlaid each into its place in the purple frame.

I matted my focal panel with some more of the purple "Watercolor" paper, and adhered it to my card base. Finally, I used Ranger Multi Medium Matte to glue on sequins around the unicorn's neck, & added Star Dust Stickles to the horn.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Repeat Impressions "Anything Goes" Challenge ~ M2421

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet Mother's Day card, Andrea! Thank you for the details on how you created it with us at Double Trouble! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS and beautiful. Love that Unicorn and the soft colored embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant and magical, Andrea! I love the way you used gradient colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #79.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful CAS card and love the Unicorn.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create,hope you will join us again
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful,love the CAS design..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, all that stuff you said about how you manipulated your image/sentiment is way over my head!! But no matter how you did it, it is beautiful!! Love how you added the sequins around the unicorn's neck; they are the perfect embellishments! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!