Wednesday, March 24, 2021

The Best Birthday Ever

 

A woman I met at a virtual retreat last Fall has a birthday coming up soon. I decided to pull out the Gina K. Wreath Builder Template & coordinating "Wreath Builder" stamp set for her card. The theme of Creative Knockouts' current challenge, "Spring is in the Air," inspired the bright color palette.

I first cut a piece of white cardstock to 4" square. I taped the larger wreath template into my MISTI stamp positioning tool to use as a guide. I stamped the first flower in Simon Says Stamp Sunshine ink, turning the cardstock in the template until I had stamped 8 times. I followed with the pink flowers, using Lawn Fawn's Wild Rose ink. I stamped the dark green leaves around the outer perimeter with Memento Cottage Ivy ink, and the 2-leaf image with Memento Pear Tart. Finally, to fill out the wreath a bit more on the inside, I stamped a little accent image in Hero Arts Orchid ink.

I wanted to make an A2-size card, and wanted my panel to fill the card front with only a 1/8" mat on all 4 sides. So I cut my wreath panel in half, & added it to a dark green cardstock mat that I'd adhered to my card base. I left a gap in between the 2 wreath panels.

I stamped one of the rings from the "Wreath Builder" set in Cottage Ivy ink, and stamped the greeting in the center in Wild Rose. I die cut that with a 2" circle die from We R Memory Keepers, and used a Waffle Flower "Additional Circles" die to cut the mat from lavender cardstock. I matted a strip of white cardstock with lavender, and adhered it to cover the gap between my stamped panels. Finally, I adhered the matted greeting circle in the center of my card.

I'm also entering this card in 613 Avenue Create's March Challenge: "Anything Goes" (not playing the twist).

6 comments:

  1. Really pretty card and love the stamped Spring wreath you created.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create,hope you will join us again
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous Spring card! Such a pretty colour palette!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty, lovely card design..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!