Monday, January 1, 2018

Just Chicken In


The mood board for the current Ellen Hutson Pin-Sights challenge is all about wild colors! While I used many of the same colors, I went with a little lighter version for my card.

Pin-Sights mood board
I began with the background, using one of the stamps from the Essentials by Ellen "Wonky Backdrops" set. I cut a panel of white cardstock to 5.25x4", and used a makeup applicator to ink up part of my stamp with Hero Arts Bubble Gum ink. I inked the other side with Memento Cantaloupe, and stamped on my panel. I repeated the process with Memento Dandelion & Pear Tart; and Delta Emerald dye inks, going in basically rainbow order to create a gradient. I did the whole process 2 more times to finish filling in the panel.

For the image panel, I first cut another piece of white cardstock with a Hero Arts "Postage Stamps" die. I stamped the bird from the Essentials by Ellen "Twelve Days" on that with Hero Arts Black dye ink, and colored it with my Prismacolor colored pencils. I used Gamsol on a paper blending stump to blend & smooth the colors.

The greeting I wanted from "12 Days Companion Greetings" (discontinued?) fit perfectly on one of the "Delightful Day Conversation Bubbles" dies from Taylored Expressions. I first inked a piece of white cardstock with Pear Tart, using the direct-to-paper method. I stamped my greeting in black onto that, and die cut it. I then adhered that in place on my focal panel.

I matted my image panel with black cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border on all sides. I adhered that to my stamped background, and matted it with black as well. Finally, I mounted my card front to a white A2 card base.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create #204: "Anything Goes"
Through the Craft Room Door: "Anything Goes"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!