Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Rainbow Striped Hello


I am in the process of making 2 card sets for gifts for friends. This is one of the designs I came up with. I was inspired by this card that I had made some time ago, combined with the 2-Tier Eclipse technique that I used in this card.

To create the background, I first cut a panel of white cardstock to 5.5x4.25". I stamped the longest brushstroke from Avery Elle's "Brushed" stamp set across it, going in rainbow order. I used Altenew Ruby Red; Memento Morocco, Dandelion, Danube Blue, & Grape Jelly; and Hero Arts Lime Green inks to do my stamping. After I had finished, I didn't like the way the stripes simply stopped, kind of squared off at the right end of the panel. So I used a Hero Arts "Postage Stamps" die to cut the panel down.

I centered the "Big Hello" die from Simon Says Stamp on my panel, taped it in place, and ran it through my die cutting machine. I also cut a piece of black craft foam with the same die. After matting my stamped panel with an A2-size piece of black cardstock, I glued the craft foam die cut into the negative space in the panel. I also glued the inner pieces of the letters from my die cut hello, and finally used more liquid glue to adhere the hello that I'd die cut from my panel on top. To finish, I adhered my panel to a white A2 card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!