Saturday, January 20, 2018

Thank You


I am so happy to be guest designing for Send a Smile 4 Kids today! The challenge theme there this time around is "Thank You Cards 4 Kids OR Anything Goes 4 Kids." Simply create a child-friendly thank you card--or any sort of card for a child--and enter at their blog!

I got my inspiration from this card I saw on Pinterest. Although the one in the photo appears to be A2 size, I had to make mine A7 to accommodate the Pretty Pink Posh "Mini Tags" dies I used.

I die cut 6 tags from rainbow colors of cardstock. I also die cut the letters to spell "thanks" from white cardstock backed with Stick It adhesive, using Hero Arts' "Alphabet Uppercase." I adhered the letters to the tags, being sure to keep them in rainbow order. I used my Crop-a-Dile II Big Bite to punch a hole in each tag, and set a white eyelet, to echo the white letters.

Before I glued my tags in place, I decided the card needed a little something extra to fill in the space above the tags. So I pulled out my We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy tool. One of the attachments I have pierces holes for stars, which I thought would be perfect. And, it just happened to make 7 stars along my panel--great for the 7 colors of the rainbow! After piercing the holes, I stitched the stars with embroidery floss, again going in ROY G BIV order.

I cut a length of white crochet twine, and threaded it through the eyelets in my tags. I glued each tag in place with Perfect Paper Adhesive, at wonky angles and overlapping each other. I taped the ends of the twine to the back of the panel with little pieces of Scor Tape, and adhered my card front to a white card base.

2 comments:

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!