Friday, August 18, 2017

Enjoy Your Special Day



My Favorite Things is having another week of Camp Create as this summer winds down. Day 1's crafty challenge was "Inlaid Made Easy." I didn't do quite as elaborate a design as the camp instructor, but I still like how my simple birthday card came out!

I used MFT's "Blueprints 20" dies (apparently discontinued) for my card. I began by die cutting the quilt squares from scraps of cardstock. The die is all one piece, and I didn't feel like cutting all the squares each time, just for the 2 I needed. However, it was easy to line my scraps up over the squares I wanted & cut them without missing any parts.

After I cut the squares & inside design pieces from blue, pink, lavender, & yellow cardstocks, I ran the die through my machine once more to get the dark purple frame. I embossed a piece of golden yellow cardstock with the Provo Craft "Oxford" embossing folder, and glued my frame in the center of that panel. Then I used Perfect Paper Adhesive to glue the inner pieces into each opening in the frame. I used more glue to mount that panel to a piece of light purple cardstock that I'd cut with another "Blueprints 20" die, and then adhered that to a piece of black cardstock cut to A2 size.

For the greeting, I used one from MFT's "Birthday Greetings" stamp set. I die cut the banner from "Blueprints 20" from a scrap of vellum, and stamped the greeting on that with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink. I dried it with my heat tool, and ran the banner through my Xyron Create a Sticker machine to apply adhesive to the back. Finally, I adhered the banner across the middle of my quilt panel.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge: "Add a Sentiment"
Through the Craft Room Door: "Anything Goes"
Die Cut Divas: "Anything Goes"
Dies R Us Challenge #79: "Anything Goes Using Dies"

10 comments:

  1. Great card! What a fun design! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything using Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colors and embossing. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your designs in future challenges.
    Kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Andrea :-) the inlaid die cuts are so pretty and I love the soft colours and embossed background, the whole design is very lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, so pretty! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R us!
    Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how all the elements of your card come together especially your embossing. Thank you for joining the Anything Goes Challenge over at Diecut Divas. Cathie DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!