Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Happy Birthday Bouquet


The last day of Camp Create at My Favorite Things focuses on "Delightful Die Cutting." I created this birthday card for a friend of ours whose birthday is next week.
I decided to make a flowerpot card, following a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com. For the flowers, I used MFT's "Watercolor Flowers" stamp set (apparently discontinued) & coordinating dies. I created the card base following the instructions in the tutorial. I used Fiskars' "Scallop Sentiment" border punch for the lower edge of the pot's rim. For the patterned paper piece on the base of the pot, I used one from Pebbles' "Garden Party" 6x6" pad. Then it was time to decorate!

Because the dies in this set are solid, I first die cut several flowers & leaves, and then stamped on the die cuts using my MISTI to help with placement. For the pink flowers, I used Memento Angel Pink & Rose Bud, and Lawn Fawn Guava inks. The orange flowers are Memento Cantaloupe & Tangelo, with Hero Arts Orange Soda for the last layer. I used Hero Arts Orchid with Memento Lilac Posies & Sweet Plum for the purple flower; and Memento Pear Tart & Bamboo Leaves for the leaves, adding Hero Arts Moss (double-stamped) for the third layer on the large leaves. Finally, I stamped the flower centers with Hero Arts Navy ink.

Card with insert
Before I adhered my flowers, I stamped a sentiment from MFT's "Birthday Greetings" set on the insert for the card, using Colorbox Chestnut Roan chalk ink. I laid out my flowers at the top of the insert, and picked up the full arrangement with a piece of Glad Press 'n Seal. I adhered the large orange & pink flowers to the insert with foam tape, and used liquid glue on the rest. I also die cut another large leaf from green cardstock, and stamped the "pull" & and arrow from "Interactive Labels." Then I glued that to the back of the floral arrangement, so the recipient knows what to do.

For the outside greeting, I used the "happy birthday" from "Birthday Greetings." I stamped it in Chestnut Roan on white cardstock, and die cut it with a Pretty Pink Posh "Mini Tags" die. I punched a 1/16" hole, and threaded through some twine. I tied the twine around the ribbon on the pot, and adhered the tag to the pot with a glue dot.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Die Cut Divas' "Anything Goes" challenge
613 Avenue Create Challenge #200: "Anything Goes"

2 comments:

  1. Great interactive shaped card love the flowers ----Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!