Monday, November 14, 2016

Non-traditional Wreath


I've been drawn lately to more non-traditional color schemes for holiday cards, at least for some. For this one, I decided to go with purple, teal, green, & pink.

I began by stamping Hero Arts' "Color a Wreath" image onto a piece of Strathmore Smooth Bristol paper with Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink. I used that paper because I wanted to color with my Zig Clean Color pens, which I've found blend best on the bristol. I heat embossed the wreath with Recollections Clear Detail embossing powder, and colored the baubles and bow with my Zigs. I did use a water brush to help spread the color and provide some shading. I let that dry, then die cut it with a Spellbinders "Standard Circles SM" die.

For the background, I used Hero Arts' "Capture Prism" background stamp, & a technique I saw Kristina Werner demonstrate recently. With the stamp in my MISTI, I inked the top portion with Hero Arts Bubble Gum ink. I dabbed off a bit of the ink along the bottom edge with a dry rag, to give a soft edge, and stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock. Without moving the stamp or my paper, I inked up the next portion with Hero Arts Soft Lilac, dabbed the top & bottom edges with my rag, and stamped so that the purple overlapped the pink a bit. I did the same procedure with Hero Arts Soft Pool & Lime Green inks to finish my panel. I really like the soft gradient this gives.

After cutting a mat from pale blue glitter paper with the largest of Spellbinders' "Standard Circles LG" dies, I glued my wreath circle to that. I assembled my card, following Sketch #SC572 from Splitcoaststampers.com. I added strips of silver glitter paper & pink cardstock behind the circle, & adhered the stamped panel to a pale blue mat, leaving a 1/16" border. Finally, I mounted the card front to a white A2 card base, and added some clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen to the larger baubles on the wreath.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Hero Arts "Holiday Cardmaking" challenge
A Blog Named Hero's November challenge: "Holiday Theme"
Through the Craft Room Door: "Anything Goes"

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful and love your cas design. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea - love your card with all the soft pretty colors - and the wreath stamp is one of my HA favorites - TFS at ABNH - and good luck in the prize drawing!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!