Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Ombre Joy


Today is the final day for Hero Arts' Holiday Cardmaking Challenge. So I made one final card, using the "Joy Burst" stamp from Hero Arts.

I got the idea for the coloring on my focal panel from somewhere on the Internet, but unfortunately can't remember where I saw the card! I did use Operation Write Home's Sketch #258 for my design, though. I stamped the image onto a piece of Strathmore Smooth Bristol paper with Versamark ink, then heat embossed it with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I took 2 blue Zig Clean Color markers, and colored the darker one at the bottoms of the letters. I blended that out with the lighter marker, and finally used a water brush to blend out to the lightest shade at the top of each letter. I left the rest of the image plain, to make sure the letters are the star of the show. After the color dried, I die cut it with the largest of Spellbinders' "Classic Ovals LG" dies.

I used the same die to trace an oval onto navy blue cardstock and cut that out with scissors to create a mat for my focal panel. I embossed a panel of light blue cardstock with the "Snowflake" embossing folder from Darice. Then I used 3 patterned papers from my scrap stash to cut the banners, and adhered all my elements to the background. Finally, I used Perfect Paper Adhesive to glue down 3 buttons in a cluster. When the glue had dried, I used silver embroidery floss to stitch through the buttonholes. I adhered my completed card front to a white A2 card base, and I now have another holiday card for my stash!

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

A Blog Named Hero "Holiday Themed"
a2z Scrapbooking's November Challenge: "Embellishment"

22 comments:

  1. Really love the snow background and the snow behind the sentiment! Lovely card! Thanks for joining the fun at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful embossed background, and the 'joy' really stand out!! So nice to see your creations in our challenge gallery at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a simply beautiful card Andrea. Just love the colours. Thanks for playing along with us at A2Z this monthl;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Andrea - gorgeous card. Love the texture and the gradient of color with the bright joy featured front and center. Much appreciated that you joined us over at A Blog Named Hero. We are celebrating big with lots of give aways so good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I LOVE that bright blue JOY, that's gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking!!

    ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pretty card with a nice sentiment! I just started a card with light blue background paper and that same embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love the ombre JOY. :)

    So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card! Love how the blue really stands out. I just created a card using this stamp but will not be posted until later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops....Thanks for sharing with a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card; I especially love the ombre look to "JOY". Thanks for joining us at a2z.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is absolutely stunning! LOVE your bright and beautiful joy sentiment. Thank you for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking November Challenge

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!