Monday, October 10, 2016

Merry Christmas Pop Up


Day 3 of Online Card Classes' "Wild Card" class was all about pop-ups! I created one based on Kelly Marie Alvarez's & Laura Bassen's lessons.

I stamped my elements for the inside of the card, using the Christmas tree & snowman from Hero Arts' "Joy Snowman" & trees from Hero Arts' "Winter Cheer" stamp sets (both discontinued). I colored the ornaments on the Christmas tree with a red marker, the green doodads with a darker green marker, and added dots around the ornaments with a silver gel pen. I then die cut my images with the coordinating dies. I also die cut 2 snowy hills using Lawn Fawn's "Stitched Hillside Borders" dies.

For my background, I blended a sky with Tumbled Glass, Broken China, & Salty Ocean Distress inks. I let that dry thoroughly, then stamped my greeting, from Hero Arts' "Joy to the World," in Versamark ink. I heat embossed that with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder.

Side view of inside
I created my pop up, following the instructions in class. I didn't have any pop-up dies, so I used a ruler & craft knife to cut the mechanisms.

Front of card with belly band
For the outside of the card, I cut & scored a piece of green cardstock. I ran it through my die cutting machine with Darice's "Snowflake Swirl" embossing folder, to emboss just the front of the card. I created a belly band from a scrap of patterned paper I had in my stash. I die cut a snowflake from white cardstock using one of the "Paper Snowflakes, Mini" dies by Sizzix for Tim Holtz. I backed it with a dark blue circle I die cut with a Spellbinders "Standard Circles LG" die. Finally, I adhered it to the belly band.

I'm entering my card in Through the Craft Room Door's "Anything Goes" challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful creation!!!! Really Feel The winter in this card !!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
    Through The Craft Room Door
    this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Cicci
    DT member at TTCRD
    Cicci With The Pen {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!