Saturday, September 10, 2016
Have an Upbeet Day!
The current theme for the Lawnscaping Challenge is "Texture." I have not played with my "Rooting for You" stamp set by Lawn Fawn much, so I decided to pull it out for this card. I chose Sketch #SC596, from Splitcoaststampers.com, for my design, figuring the circles along the bottom of the window in the sketch would be perfect for the beets!
I stamped 3 beets onto white cardstock, using Hero Arts Raspberry Jam ink for the base, and Hero Arts Grape Juice for the detail layer. For the beet greens, I used Hero Arts Green Hills & Forever Green. I then die cut them with the coordinating "Rooting for You" dies. I also die cut 3 extra beets & greens from white cardstock. I glued those to the backs of my stamped pieces, both to provide more stability and to hide the bleed-through from the inks.
For the card front, I embossed a panel of kraft cardstock with the "Plaid Background" embossing folder from Darice. I thought this folder was as "garden-y" looking as any! :) I also cut 2 strips of green cardstock, to go along the sides of the card front. I used my craft knife & ruler to cut a window in the kraft panel, as per the sketch. Then I laid that in place onto my white A2 card base, and marked the corners of the window. I cut a window in the front of my card base, using those corner marks as a guide so they would line up. I also cut 2 frames from green cardstock.
I adhered my green strips & kraft panel to my card base with my ATG tape. I used liquid glue (Perfect Paper Adhesive Matte) in a fine-tip bottle to glue down the frames to the front and back of the window.
Before I glued my beets to the card front, I traced the outline of my window onto the inside of my card. I used that to help me position my greeting with my MISTI. The greeting stamp is all on one line as is, but I needed it on 2 lines so it would fit the space. So I did a little "stamp surgery," and cut between the "an" and "upbeet." After I had positioned my stamps, I picked them up with the door of the MISTI, and stamped them on the inside of my card with Grape Juice ink, to tie in with the beets. Then I erased my pencil lines. All that was left was to glue my beets in place with more PPA. I let that dry thoroughly, and this card was done! I will send this to Send a Smile 4 Kids, to brighten a hospitalized child's day. :)
I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
Through the Craft Room Door: "Anything Goes"
Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge: "Stamp It"
Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge: "Stamp It"