Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Celebrate Your Special Day


This is my third card for the 2016 Card Design Superstar challenge by My Favorite Things. I used several MFT products: "Blueprints 13," "Vintage Buttons," "Decorative Doily Duo" (discontinued), "Basic Stitch Lines," "Sequins"; & their "Birthday Greetings" stamp set.


I began by cutting a panel of teal cardstock to 4x5.25". I taped all of the "Basic Stitch Lines" dies together to create a "block," and used some painter's tape to stick them to my panel. I ran that through my die cutting machine multiple times, shifting the dies with each pass, to create my background. Once I'd finished the die cutting, I inked the edges with Evergreen Bough Distress ink for some depth & visual interest.

For the base of my element cluster, I die cut a doily from cream cardstock. I also used the washi tape die from "Blueprints 13" to die cut a piece of patterned paper from my scrap stash. I cut a piece of orange cardstock, and stamped my greeting on that in Versamark ink. I then heat embossed it with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder.

After matting my background panel with more of the orange, I glued my doily in place. I adhered my greeting & "washi" strip to that. I die cut some sequins & a button from yellow cardstock, and glued them around my greeting. I mounted my card front to a white A2 card base, and coated my sequins & button with clear Wink of Stella & Glossy Accents for some sparkle and shine. I will send this to Send a Smile 4 Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!