Monday, January 4, 2016
Merry Monday Guest Designer
I am very honored to be a Guest Designer for the Merry Monday Challenge Blog today. Their theme this week is "White on White with a Neutral Color as the Sentiment."
I chose Sketch #90 from Operation Write Home as the basis for my design. I began by cutting a piece of white cardstock to 3.25x4". I adhered it to my non-stick craft sheet, and taped the "Holiday Knit" stencil by Tim Holtz over it. I spread Golden Light Molding Paste over the stencil, and when I had a good, smooth coverage, removed the stencil. I made sure to clean the stencil, sheet, and palette knife immediately, so the paste wouldn't dry on them. I sprinkled white glitter over the paste, and set that aside to air dry. (I just wish the sparkle showed up in the photo, but I just couldn't capture it. It looks very pretty in real life, though!)
For my greeting, I die cut the "Merry Christmas" from Simon Says Stamp 5 times from white cardstock, and once from grey. I used Ranger Multi Medium Matte to adhere the die cuts together, topping the white ones with the grey. It definitely was NOT easy, since the die cuts are so delicate, but I think it helped give the greeting a better presence with all that is going on in the background.
While the greeting dried, I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4x5.25". I ran it through my die cutting machine with the "Argyle" embossing folder from Darice. By this time, my stenciled panel had dried. I shook off the excess glitter, using a Swiffer dusting cloth to clean up the mess. I cut the panel into two pieces, and adhered a piece of transparency behind them, leaving a 3/4" gap. Then I cut fun foam pieces, and used Be Creative tape to adhere them to the backs of my stenciled panels. I mounted them to my argyle piece, and used a micro brush to add tiny dots of Multi Medium to the backs of my die cuts. I glued the words down, overlapping the transparency. I used my 1/16" hole punch to punch a dot for the "i" in Christmas, and glued that to the transparency with Multi Medium. Finally, I mounted the card front to a white A2 card base.