Monday, August 25, 2014

Never Give Up


This is my second card for the Pretty Pink Posh "Cutting Edge" blog hop. You can read more about the hop at the Pretty Pink Posh blog.


I based my card on Sketch #159 by Operation Write Home:


For the focal image, I stamped the flower from Sizzix/Echo Park's This & That "Graceful #2" set onto white cardstock using Memento Rose Bud ink. I blended Spun Sugar Distress ink over the image, just to add a bit of additional color. Then I cut it out with the coordinating die.

I stamped the greeting from Hero Arts' "You're a Rainbow" set on a piece of vellum, using Versafine Onyx Black ink, and clear heat embossed it. After cutting the vellum into a strip, I ran that through my Xyron Sticker Maker, to apply adhesive to the back.

I cut the background panel and embossed it with the Sizzix/Hero Arts "Dot Swirl" embossing folder. The green cardstock I used had a white core, so that showing through on the embossed areas helps emphasize the texture of the embossing. Kind of an added bonus, since I had not really planned on that!

I glued the flower to the embossed panel, and then adhered the greeting over the bottom of the flower. To add some further interest, I added a green snap to each end of the greeting strip.

I used the larger of Mama Elephant's "Femme Frames" dies to cut the lighter green panel. I then adhered the embossed panel to that. I cut a length of light pink embroidery floss, and wrapped it around the card front, tying the ends in a bow. I put a drop of Ranger Multi Medium under the knot, just to keep it secure. While that dried, I blended Worn Lipstick Distress ink around the sides of the front of an A2 card base. Finally, I adhered the completed card front to the base. I will be sending this card to Send a Smile 4 Kids.

I'm also entering this card in a2z Scrapbooking Blog's "Encouragement" challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! That flower stamp is beautiful and love that you blended some distress ink on top. I did not realize that the two-tone background was through your embossing folder!! Such a great effect! What a happy accident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at A2Z Scrapbooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and encouraging sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning flower, and I love your embossed background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at a2z Scrapbooking ~ I hope you'll be back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along at a2z! Love the embossing too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!