Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Three Cups of....


A friend of my mom's let her know a few days ago that her husband was ill. So my mom asked me to make a get well card for him.

The design inspiration for my card comes from Operation Write Home's Sketch #151:


I rotated it 90 degrees counter-clockwise, and substituted (slightly larger) hexagons for the circles.

I began by adhering patterned papers from my scrap stash to an A2-size piece of cardstock. I determined where the hexagons would go, and positioned my die from this set, repeating the process for all 3 cut-outs. I ended up having to glue this panel to another cut the same size, for stability.

My stamp is the "Jam'n Cup Mini" from Texana Designs. After lining up the die cut panel with a 2-inch wide strip of cream cardstock, I marked where the cut-outs went, and stamped the image 3 times onto the cardstock, using Colorbox Chestnut Roan chalk ink. I colored the cups with colored pencils, blending with Gamsol on a paper stump. To "ease" the transition between the worn-looking patterned papers and the starkness of the cream cardstock, I used a Q-tip to blend Vintage Photo Distress ink around the cups.

I created a sentiment in Photoshop, and printed it onto the inside of an A2 card base. It reads, "Have a cup (or three) of whatever makes you feel better. Get well soon!" After that, I adhered the stamped strip of cardstock onto the front, then adhered the die cut panel over that, so the cups showed through the hexagon holes. And that finished off this card.

I'm entering this in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge.

1 comment:

  1. such a sweet get wells card! thank you for playing along with us at SImon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!