Thursday, August 21, 2014

You Make Me Happy Happy!


The current challenge at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is to make a summer card with a die cut. I immediately thought of their "Happy Happy" stamp & die set. What could be more summery than flying a kite on a bright sunny day?

I stamped the sun and kite on 2 scraps of patterned paper in my stash, then cut them with the coordinating dies. I trimmed the tail off the kite, since I planned to make my own later. I also stamped the cloud shape 4 times on vellum with Versamark ink, then heat embossed them with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder. I cut them out with the cloud die in the set.

I blended Tumbled Glass Distress ink over the whole front of my white card base to create a sky. I next ran my clouds through my Xyron Sticker Maker machine, to apply an even coat of adhesive to the back, so no spots of adhesive would show through the vellum. Then I positioned them on my card front, letting a couple hang over the edge. I trimmed off the overhanging parts. Finally, I glued my sun in position.

I determined where I wanted the kite to go, and placed a small drop of Ranger Matte Multi Medium. I stuck one end of a length of pink bakers twine in the Multi Medium, and let that dry. After it had dried completely, I tied short lengths of blue ribbon to the twine, cutting the ends short. I looped the twine a few times, applying dots of the same Multi Medium under where the twine crossed itself, to hold the loops in place. I ran a little medium that I'd put on my finger along the rest of the twine, just to help it hold a bit of a curve, and let it hang loose. I adhered the kite over the starting end of the twine with foam adhesive for dimension.

I stamped the greeting from the same set using the same Memento Tuxedo Black ink I'd used to the stamp the sun and kite. As a finishing touch, I added "Glam Pink" Stickles to the sun's cheeks, and "Onyx Pearl" Liquid Pearls to the eyes. I also went over the sun and kite with my clear Wink of Stella brush marker to give them a bit of sparkle. Next stop for this card will be Send a Smile 4 Kids!

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp's Monday "Anything Goes"
Simon Says Stamp's Work It Wednesday "Blue"

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!