Sunday, June 8, 2014

You Brighten My Day


I've had this stamp set from Simon Says Stamp for some time now, and had never really used it. Today, I finally decided to get more than just an accent image from it inky.

I based my design on the following sketch by Operation Write Home:


I adjusted the measurements slightly for the elements I used, and left off the embellishment.

I stamped the light bulb onto a piece of watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink, then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I used Inktense pencils to color the image. After that dried, I also stamped the greeting in Versafine. I rounded the corners with my 1/8" Corner Chomper.

I die cut the background for the focal panel from watercolor paper using Lawn Fawn's 3x4" Stitched Journaling Card Die. I smooshed Distress inks in Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, & Barn Door onto my craft mat, then sprayed them with water. I placed the background panel into the ink, swooshing it around until it was covered. Then I set that aside to dry.

I felt the white of the focal panel against the orange of the journaling card panel was too stark, so I blended Scattered Straw Distress ink around the edges of the focal panel, leaving a bit of white around the light bulb for a glow effect.

For the background, I embossed a piece of yellow cardstock with an embossing folder from Lifestyle Crafts "Celebrate" set. I cut a strip from a piece of yellow polka dot patterned paper from my scrap stash, then glued it onto the embossed panel. I glued the journaling card panel to the center of the background, then adhered the focal panel on top with foam tape.

I blended Spiced Marmalade Distress ink around the sides of a piece of white cardstock, cut to 4.25x5.5". Finally, I adhered the card panel to the inked cardstock, and adhered that to an A2 card base.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:


Lawnscaping Challenge #83 "Embossed"
Simon Says Stamp's "Work It Wednesday" (use Simon Says Stamp exclusive products)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!