Sunday, June 15, 2014

You+Me=Love


My inspiration for this card was the current color challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs' blog. The color scheme for the challenge is pink, ivory/white, and tan. I don't normally use pink, and so don't have a large amount of patterned paper that color. But I found two 6x6" pads in my stash: Recollections' "Valentine" and My Mind's Eye "Love Me." I used papers from each for the banners.

My design is based on this sketch by Operation Write Home:


I stamped this image from Our Daily Bread Designs on a piece of white cardstock, using a Stampabilities Light Pink pigment ink pad. I die cut the circle with a Spellbinders Classic Circles Large die, and inked around the edges with Antique Linen Distress ink.

I used Ranger Archival Jet Black ink to stamp the greeting onto a scrap of white cardstock. I pulled out my Lawn Fawn "Milo's ABCs" stamp set, since I didn't have any "ready-made" greeting stamps that would fit that piece. I did have to add the "+" and "=" signs with a black pen, since those symbols are not included in the set.

I cut the 3 banners from the Recollections & MME patterned papers, and adhered them to a piece of dark cream colored cardstock. I matted that with pink cardstock, and adhered that onto a white A2 card base. I adhered the focal panel & greeting with foam tape to help them pop a little more.

I am entering this in Our Daily Bread Designs' Color Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Andrea! You should use pink more often! Love how you always create for OWH! Thanks for creating with us this week at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Andrea, I agree with Linda! You should definitely use pink more often! It's beautiful, and you've really rocked the OWH sketch for this week! What a beautiful color challenge card for this week's ODBD Shining the Light challenge too, and I'm so glad you've joined us once again, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!