Saturday, November 21, 2015

Be Merry


Jennifer McGuire is having a "card shower" for two children who have cancer. I made this card for one of those children, Emily, who is 6 years old now. One of her "likes" that Jennifer listed is animals. So I hope this holiday card with a reindeer will make her smile!

I used a piece of patterned paper from The Paper Studio's "Woodland Wonderland" 6x6" pad for my focal image. I laid my Spellbinders "Grand Circles" Nestabilities die over the image, with part of the die hanging off the bottom & right edges. I ran that through my die cutting machine, then adhered the panel to a piece of red cardstock that I'd cut to 4.25x5.5".

For the greeting, I used a stamp from Lawn Fawn's "Peace Joy Love" set. I used my MISTI to help me position it so it went around the curve of my panel, and stamped it in Versamark ink. I then had to reposition the stamp, since it wasn't long enough to reach around the entire curve, and stamp part of it again. Then I sprinkled on Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder, and melted that with my heat tool. I mounted my panel to a white A2 card base, and rounded the top left corner with the 1/2" side of my Corner Chomper.

The reindeer's nose is brown as is, and I decided I just had to make this Rudolph. Unfortunately, my only red gems were either too small or too large. But I found a clear gem that was just the right size, so I colored it with Cranberry alcohol ink. When that had dried, I glued it in place with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.

I'm entering this card in Merry Monday Challenge Blog's challenge #180: "Use a Reindeer."

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this card, and I am sure she will, too! It is cute as could be and sure to bring a cheery smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of the DSP, beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, it's so adorable! I know Emily will love it too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!