Friday, May 3, 2024

Have an Ex-STRAW-dinary Birthday


The theme for the current Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero challenge is "Happy Anniversary." (Birthday-themed cards are also allowed.) I needed a birthday card for a friend of mine. She loves gardening, so I thought the "Strawberries Line Art" stamp set by Hero Arts would be perfect. I think she'll also get a kick out of the greeting!

I used Sketch #SC939 from Splitcoaststampers.com to guide the design for my card. I began by die cutting a circle from 140 lb. watercolor paper, then measured & cut off a portion, as per the sketch. I temporarily adhered the semi-circle onto my card background to make it easier to stamp on, & used my MISTI stamp positioner to stamp the image. While I had the image adhered to the navy panel, I went ahead & heat embossed the greeting, from the same stamp set, with Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold embossing powder. Finally, I removed the watercolor paper from my background, painted the strawberries with my watercolors, & used a white gel pen to highlight the seeds.

I adhered the image panel permanently to the background. I added a length of red-&-white checked ribbon as indicated in the sketch. For the 3 dots in the upper left corner, I punched circles from a scrap of white cardstock & glued them to my panel as a guide. I made a puddle of glue over each circle, then sprinkled on more Antique Gold embossing powder. After I let the glue dry, I melted the powder with my heat gun. To finish the card, I mounted the panel to a white A2-size card base.

I'm also entering my card in the following challenges:

16 comments:

  1. Love the cluster of strawberries with the gold sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, those strawberries look so delicious! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I really like the addition of the ribbon with the strawberries. Thanks for entering the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sentiment! So fun and fitting for your card!Thanks for joining us in the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!!! Love both cards you entered in the Stay Crafty Challenge -Love the GOLD on this one = STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Thanks for entering our Stay Crafty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely. Wonderful design and details. Thank you so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, strawberries. Pretty card and fun sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Ellibelle's Corner.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!