Saturday, May 4, 2024

Orchid Happy Birthday


I created this card to send to a woman whose birthday is this month. She is battling cancer, so needs all the good vibes she can get.

I used Sketch #SC641 from Splitcoaststampers.com as the basis for my design. I began by die cutting the pieces for the Hero Arts "Color Layering Orchid in a Pot" stamp set (discontinued). The stem & flowers are especially fiddly, so by die cutting first I could make sure to have everything lined up with the die properly. I taped the pieces on the back into the negative space, to make it easier to stamp on them. I decided to go with purple for the flowers, & used a light brown for the stem pieces. I stamped the pot with teal ink, then - without moving the stamp or cardstock in my MISTI stamp positioner tool - added Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink with a sponge dauber to one side of the stamp. It took a couple of stampings to achieve the look I wanted, but this added a bit of shading to the pot.

I die cut a pink panel with Spellbinders' "Grateful Lattice" die (discontinued), & layered it on top of another panel cut from the same cardstock. I cut the curved edge with Simon Says Stamp's "A2 Card Curved Edge" die. I added that panel with a couple of other strips to my A2-size card base.

For the greeting, I pulled out the Hero Arts "Year Round Sentiments" stamp set (discontinued) - an oldie but a goodie. I stamped the Happy Birthday onto a strip of white cardstock with one of the purple inks I'd used for the flowers. To mirror the curve on the pink panel, I used an oval die to trace a curve onto the end of my greeting strip, then cut it with scissors. I adhered the strip to my card, and then glued down the die cut pieces to build my orchid. I am really happy with how this card turned out, & hopefully the recipient will be, too.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful orchid image, and just love the way you used the lattice die. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at DoubleTrouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I really like the orchid. Thanks for entering the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gorgeous card you created with the Orchid Layering Stamp!!! Thanks so much for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge with a Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card - love the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty card that she will love.
    Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty and bright, the embossed background is perfect for your flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!