Sunday, June 26, 2022

Celebrate Your Special Day


I created this card for my aunt whose birthday is next week. She is a singer, & so I thought the music theme would work well. I got the design from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #478.


I found the music paper in my scrap stash, & cut it to 3-3/4x5-1/2". I also found a strip from a blue cardstock panel I'd stamped & heat embossed many many moons ago, that I figured would work well for the border strips in the sketch. So I cut that in two & glued one strip behind each side of my patterned paper, so about 1/8" peeks out. Then I adhered that to a cream cardstock panel that I glued to the front of my A2-size card base.

I used a greeting from My Favorite Things' "Birthday Greetings" stamp set (discontinued). I cut a strip of yellow cardstock from my scrap stash & adhered it to my card. I decided to deviate from the sketch a bit by placing the greeting on the strip. I stamped that with Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide ink. I thought that blue played well with the border strips & complemented the orange patterned paper. I die cut a balloon from gold glitter cardstock, using a Lawn Fawn "Party Balloons" die, & glued it in place. I love how this card came out, & I'm sure my aunt will too!

8 comments:

  1. Such a fun card. I love the background and how the sentiment really pops! Thank you for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to you joining us again.
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love the music paper for your aunt who is a singer, I love that you can personalize on handmade cards! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great birthday card! I'm sure your aunt will love it!
    Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. really great combo. I love a good musical card.Thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge. Good luck!
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!