Monday, June 27, 2022

A Banner Hello

I have had the gold die cut strips, made with Spellbinders' "Octagon Strips and Accents" dies (discontinued), for several months. I had made them to use on a project, but that ended up not working out. They were too good to chuck, though, so I held onto them. The other day, I finally decided this was The Time to use them.

I used the outer die in the set to cut 2 backing pieces of peach pearlized cardstock, & glued the gold die cuts to those. I used the same die with the corresponding insert to cut another strip from purple cardstock. I wanted something to break up the gold banners, and give me a third element. I cut a third peach piece to back the purple strip for continuity, & glued them together.

For the background, I applied Golden's Light Molding Paste through Hero Arts' "Deco Pattern" stencil. I left kind of a ragged edge towards the bottom right corner, so I could add a die cut greeting. I die cut the greeting from Hero Arts' "Hello Stamp & Cut" set once from gold & once from the purple I'd used for the third strip. I glued the purple down to my background panel, then layered the gold on top, offset so the purple provided a shadow.

After I decided how long I wanted my banners, I cut each strip to length. I wanted to stitch them, but with the thickness of the layered banners, I couldn't stitch straight through to the card front. So I poked holes along the top of each banner, & stitched with white thread. Then I used liquid tacky glue to glue just the tops of the banners along my panel, lining up the stitching lines & letting the rest of each lift up. Finally, I matted my panel with a light teal cardstock that I'd adhered to a white A2-size card base.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Your stenciled background is so dimensional with the molding paste and such a pretty background for your banners sewn personally on background. Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background is terrific! Love the colours you chose - so elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture, stitching and card design! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inpiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such unique die cuts, and I love how they look on the textured/embossing paste background. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!