Monday, June 27, 2022

Happy Birthday with Rainbow Scoops


The current challenge at Double Trouble is to make your own, "YouNique," background. I have a great need of birthday cards in the coming weeks, so I decided to make a rainbow ice cream birthday card. Who wouldn't want to celebrate their birthday with a 7-decker ice cream cone? :)


I first die cut the ice cream scoops & cone with the coordinating dies to Hero Arts' "Color Layering Ice Cream" (discontinued). I set up my MISTI stamp positioning tool so I could stamp the scoops in assembly-line style. I had a template using the negative space from one of the cardstock scraps that I'd cut the pieces from. I positioned the base stamp for the cone & scoop in place, & stamped that layer for each one, changing colors as I went. Then I positioned the detail layer for each, & stamped those in slightly darker colors. I made sure, after a tip from Jennifer McGuire, to let the base layer on each piece dry a bit before stamping the top layer, just to keep the detail layer from mushing into the base layer.

For my background, I cut a piece of pink cardstock to 3-1/4x8-1/4". I used the word stamps from Winnie & Walter's "The Party" set (discontinued) and Lawn Fawn Ballet Slippers ink to stamp my background pattern. After I had finished stamping, I glued my cone & scoops to the panel.

I stamped my greeting, from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamp's "Happy Birthdays" set (discontinued), in Versafine Clair Morning Mist ink onto a scrap of Bazzill Icy Mint cardstock. Finally, I glued that down & adhered my panel to a white slimline card.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Die Cut Divas' June Challenge: "Summer Days" (what is more summery than ice cream?)

10 comments:

  1. Darling layered ice cream cone, Andrea - perfect for summer! So glad you shared with us at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I want that whole stack of deliciousness, all flavors look good to me, and love your sentiment stamped background perfect for your stack of ice cream cones. Thanks for sharing again with us at Double Trouble. Would love you to come back and see what you can do with the circle sketch at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, what a yummy birthday card you've created! Love all the colored scoops that form the focal point!! Jennifer always has such good advice, doesn't she? Clever to stamp pink on pink to create your own background!! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Double Trouble for our "YouNique Background" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used those words to make your background on the pink! And the big stack of ice cream scoops is so cute. Thanks so much for joining us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card! Thank you for joining in the fun at Double Trouble Challenge #114.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!