Thursday, August 19, 2021

Poinsettia Joy


I created this card inspired by this week's color challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown. The colors this time are aqua, rose pink, & metallic gold. An unusual color scheme for sure, but I had fun pulling this together.

I first die cut my poinsettias from 2 shades of pink cardstock with the Poppystamps "Blooming Poinsettia" dies. I used only the 2 smaller flower dies for those pieces, and die cut the centers from gold metallic cardstock. I glued the lighter flower layers on top of the darker ones, adding glue just in the centers. Finally, I glued on the centers, again adding just a dot of glue in the middle of the die cut.

For the greeting, I die cut Lawn Fawn's "Scripty Joy" from the same pink cardstocks as my flowers. I glued the lighter die cut over the darker, offset to give a shadow effect.

I cut my tag from gold metallic cardstock with a Scrapbook.com "Nested Tags" die. After I figured out where to place my greeting & flowers, I glued them to the tag. I also added the tittle to the "j" at this point. I originally die cut the hole reinforcer from the light aqua cardstock I used for my background, but it blended in too much when I adhered the tag in place. So I die cut it again from the darker pink, & just glued that over the aqua one. To finish, I just adhered my card front to a white A2-size card base. This was actually a really simple card to make. The hardest part was just figuring out what products I wanted to use!

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card, the poinsettias are so pretty in pink. Great use of our challenge colours. Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poinsettias so pretty in pink ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
    https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful use of the colours and a very classy card! Thanks for playing along with 52CCT:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those poinsettias are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us Challenges. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation, Andrea! Those pink poinsettia are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo . . . how pretty!! I love your beautiful flowers and the shimmery gold tag!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!