Sunday, August 15, 2021

One Sketch, Two Cards


I created not one, but 2 cards for Lawn Fawnatics' Challenge #106. They posted a sketch, & challenged participants to create a project based on that. For my first card, I rotated the sketch 90 degrees. I stamped the Be Merry greeting from Lawn Fawn's "Peace Joy Love" stamp set (discontinued) 5 times at a diagonal, shifting the card panel up in my MISTI stamp positioning tool each time I stamped.

I stamped the joy (from the same set) several times with Lawn Fawn's Kiddie Pool ink, onto a scrap of white cardstock. I die cut it with a "Small Cross-Stitched Rectangle" die from Lawn Fawn. After I  trimmed my blue panel slightly, to 5-1/4x4", I adhered my main greeting panel in the middle. I adhered the blue panel to a white A2-size card base. I added several Pretty Pink Posh 4mm & 6mm Sparkling Clear Sequins, & that finished this first card.

My second card is for the mother of a friend of ours. Her husband passed away earlier this year, & we heard she is not doing well now. So I decided to make a card to send to her, to try & lift her spirits a little. This time, I kept pretty much with the sketch.

I die cut an oval from Strathmore Vellum Bristol paper with one of Lawn Fawn's "Large Stitched Oval" dies. I stamped the image from "Rain or Shine Before 'n Afters" towards the top of the oval with a light grey ink. I also stamped one of the greetings from the set below the image, in a slightly darker grey. I used an orangey-yellow ink to stamp the sun portion onto a scrap of yellow cardstock, & fussy cut just the sun out. After I colored the rainbow & clouds with my Prismacolor colored pencils, I glued the sun in place.

I felt the empty bottom area threw off the design, so I die cut another portion of an oval from a scrap of pale blue cardstock, & used a Lawn Fawn "Puffy Cloud Borders" die to cut the top portion. Then I glued that to the bottom of my main oval. I also inked the perimeter outside the stitching line with Speckled Egg Distress ink, to help the oval stand out from the background.

I cut a piece of patterned paper I'd gotten as a gift in a Lawn Fawn order to 3x4-1/2", & glued my oval centered on that. I covered the front of my 4-bar card base with a yellow cardstock, & added strips of different colors to that, to mimic the rainbow in the image. I backed the patterned paper panel with another piece of white cardstock that I'd cut the same size, so the cardstock strips behind it wouldn't create any dents in the paper layer. Finally, I adhered the patterned paper pane to the card.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

14 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are wonderful interpretations of the sketch! I love that they have different looks and feels to them. Thanks so much for participating in this Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards! I love how you interpreted the sketch! Thank you so much for playing the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cards! love the both!
    Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create.
    xx
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very sweet cards here! I'm so glad you linked up to the DRU challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are lovely, Andrea! Thanks for a fabulous submission to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!