Thursday, March 12, 2020

Hey! - You've Got This


I just finished making my latest batch of cards for Send a Smile 4 Kids. One of the needs was cards for teens & older patients. I found this older card by Nichol Spohr, and thought it would be perfect for this.

I cut a piece of 140 lb. watercolor paper to 4-1/8x5-3/8". I used Distress inks in a rainbow of colors to do my stamping. I inked up the "HEY!" stamp from Simon Says Stamp's "All Boy" set (discontinued), spritzed the stamp 1 or 2 times with water, then stamped on my watercolor panel. I let the stamp sit for a few seconds, just to let the ink soak in before lifting the stamp from the paper. I repeated this with the different colors until I had covered the panel. Then I set that aside.

I stamped the greeting, from Avery Elle's "Brushed" (discontinued), on a scrap of Essentials by Ellen 40 lb. vellum with Ranger Jet Black Archival ink. I heat set it with my heat gun so the ink wouldn't smear. I die cut the vellum with one of the tag dies from Mama Elephant's "Tags a Lot" set. That particular die was way too long for my greeting. So after I ran it through once, I scooted the die up, lined up the faux stitching lines, and ran it through my die cutting machine again, basically creating a shorter tag. I die cut the tag reinforcer (from the same set) from black cardstock, glued it in place, then punched through the hole with my 1/8" hole punch.

I decided to attach the tag to my background with an eyelet. I first taped the tag to my background panel with low-tack painters tape, just to hold it in place. I punched a hole through the background to line up with the hole in the tag. I then used my Crop-a-Dile II to set a pewter eyelet. Finally, I matted the panel with navy cardstock, & adhered it to a white card base.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Dies R Us Challenge #140: "Tag, You're It"
Die Cut Divas: "Anything Goes"
613 Avenue Create: "Anything Goes" (not playing the twist)
Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge: "A Bit o' Green" (used Lucky Clover Distress ink in my background stamping)

10 comments:

  1. What a fun creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card I love the stamping thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, beautifully created!!
    So glad you shared with us at 613 Avenue Create for the challenge! Good Luck!

    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Hugs DT~Shell 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the bright fun colors. Thanks for playing along at Dies R US!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kids will love the bright colors! Fantastic card. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas for our challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!