Tuesday, February 18, 2020

One Stamp, Two Cards

Send a Smile 4 Kids' current needs includes Spring & Easter cards. I used one stamp--Northwoods Rubber Stamps' "Small Wagon with Bunnies and Chicks"--on both a general Spring card and an Easter card.

For my Spring card, I used Sketch #SC617 at Splitcoaststampers.com for my design. I stamped the image onto a scrap of Strathmore Vellum Bristol paper with Lawn Fawn's Doe ink. I used my Prismacolor colored pencils to color the scene. Even though I used a semi-dark ink, it still has the basic effect of no-line coloring because of the generally darker colors I used. After I finished coloring, I die cut it with a circle die.

I used patterned papers from the "Hello Sunshine" 6x6" pad from Doodlebug Designs. I added in yellow & teal cardstocks for the background strip & blue banner, respectively. I die cut a larger circle from a solid green paper in the pad. I adhered the yellow strip to the background patterned paper, added the green circle & banners, and finally adhered the focal circle. I wrapped green baker's twine around the top of the panel, adhering the ends to the back with a little double-sided tape. I tied a bow from the same twine, and glued it in place with a bit of liquid glue. After matting the panel with an A2-size piece of darker yellow cardstock, I adhered it to a white card base.

Using the same image, I added an Easter greeting ("Happy Easter 02" from Stampabilities) to my second card. For my design, I turned to Sketch #SC568, also at Splitcoaststampers. I stamped the image this time with Ink on 3's Fade Out ink, so I could do some true no-line coloring. I again used my Prismacolor pencils, and die cut it with the same circle die as in my first card.

I cut a piece of teal patterned paper from Simple Stories' "Vintage Bliss" 6x6" pad to 5.25x4". I added a butterfly paper from the same pad, matting that with a light grey cardstock. The butterfly paper kind of visually "melted" into the mat, so before I adhered it, I inked around the edges with Pumice Stone Distress ink to add definition.

I stamped my greeting with Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide ink onto a strip of tan cardstock that I had also inked with Pumice Stone. The green ink actually matches the chevron patterned paper I used perfectly! I adhered that strip in place, & added my image circle, the perimeter of which I had inked with Pumice Stone. I matted the whole piece with yellow cardstock, & adhered that to a white A2 card base.

I'm entering my cards in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge: "Two or More Patterned Papers"
613 Avenue Create: "Anything Goes" (playing the "banners & bows" twist with my first card)
Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge: "Easter or Spring Cards 4 Kids OR Anything Goes 4 Kids"
Dies R Us Challenge #139: "Wild Things (Animals)"

16 comments:

  1. Both cards are super CUTE..adorable little bunnies and chicks!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Happy Easter card is adorable. The colorful banners and circle dies nicely highlight the sweet bunnies. Thanks for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards and an adorable image! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect cards both lovely. Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute, gorgeous card..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the papers in your design and the cute bunny stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Chllenge Blog. We hope you will join us often.
    Kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are outstanding! I love the contrast between the two! The banner and bow card is colorful and full of detail and movement! The second card is a beautiful example of CAS design. Both were amazing submissions to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create! Thanks so much for inspiring us!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Andrea! Your project was chosen as a Top Rocker for the week of February 16 - 22, 2020 at 613 Avenue Create. Additionally, your card was chosen as a Winner for our February Banner and Bows challenge! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!