Monday, February 19, 2018

Make Today Fabulous


This is my fourth and final card for My Favorite Things' Creative Olympics 2018. The last event of the games is "Speed Cardmaking." Basically, using only MFT products, make a card in 20 minutes or less. Whew! This card is actually my third attempt. On the first try, I just ran out of time, and I messed up the stamping on the second card. I guess the third time was the charm, since I finished it with a whopping 41 seconds to spare! :)

I die cut my background panel with the scalloped rectangle from "Blueprints 20" (discontinued). I marked a line slightly above where the bottom edge of my upper panel would go, and used that to guide my stamping. I took one of the paint stroke stamps from "Abstract Art" (also discontinued) and stamped my rainbow. I began in the middle with Hero Arts Lime Green ink, then moved to Hero Arts Soft Pool & Cornflower, and Lawn Fawn Fresh Lavender inks. I finished by going right to left from the green, starting with Hero Arts Butter Bar, then stamping with Hero Arts Orange Soda & Lawn Fawn Guava.

I die cut my upper panel from white cardstock with the same scalloped rectangle die. Then, using my background panel as a guide, I taped down one of the "Stitched Scallop Basic Edges" dies, and ran it through my die cutting machine to finish cutting the upper panel.

For the greeting, I used "Simply Fabulous Sayings." I used my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to help with placement, since I was running low on time. I stamped the "Fabulous" first with Delicata Black Shimmer ink. I had cut apart the "Make Today" stamp from the same set, so I could stamp the words on either side of the "l" in "Fabulous." I stamped those in Black Shimmer as well. Finally, I covered the back of that panel with foam tape, and adhered it to my background, lining up the scallops along the 2 sides & top. I mounted my panel to a white card base--and stopped my timer! I was so glad to get this done, and successfully to boot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!