Monday, February 19, 2018

Happy Birthday Fancy Fold


My Favorite Things' Creative Olympics 2018 continues! I created this card for their "Crafty Biathlon" event. I chose the options of camouflage die-cutting with an alternative fold (center step card).

After creating my card base, I started on stamping my center panel. I used MFT's "Abstract Art" stamp set (apparently discontinued) with Memento Dandelion & Grape Jelly; Hero Arts Fresh Peach & Raspberry Jam; and Lawn Fawn Guava inks. I stamped several of the splatters on a panel of white cardstock. I then stamped the side panels with one of the candle images from "Big Birthday Sentiments," using the same ink colors plus Memento Cantaloupe for the bottom candles. Finally, I used the other candle image from "Big Birthday Sentiments" for the long strip along the bottom.

Once I had finished all the stamping, I die cut the word "Happy" from my main panel with one of the "Happy Duo" dies (discontinued) from MFT. I also die cut it 5 more times from purple cardstock. After I matted the panel with the same purple cardstock, I glued in one of the purple happy die cuts, and glued the centers of the letters from the stamped panel. I stacked the rest of the purple die cuts on top, using liquid glue to adhere them, and finally glued the stamped happy on top.

Detail shot of the camouflage die cut greeting
For the "birthday," I used one of the stamps from MFT's "Birthday Greetings." I masked off everything on the stamp but the birthday word, inked it up with Versamark, removed my masking tape, and stamped onto a scrap of vellum. I heat embossed that with Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold embossing powder, and trimmed it into a small strip. I used a piece of Kool-Tak clear foam tape behind the middle, and Plus vellum adhesive on either end to adhere it over the bottom of the "happy" die cut.

After matting my strips with purple, I adhered them and my main panel in place on the card base. I really like how this card turned out, & I hope whoever I send it to likes it, too! :)

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge: "Add a Die Cut"
Through the Craft Room Door: "Anything Goes"

2 comments:

  1. Love your fun, bright and colourful card

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!