Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Season's Greetings


Today is the last day for the November "Mix It Up" challenge at Ellen Hutson's CLASSroom blog. I used the "Poinsettia & Pine" die set from Essentials by Ellen, & paired it with My Favorite Things' "Joyous Christmas Sentiments" (discontinued).

I began by die cutting the flower, berries, & pine sprigs from 140 lb. watercolor paper. I colored the pieces with my Tombow markers. I removed the inner pieces from the flower, and ran the outer portion through my Xyron Sticker Maker to apply adhesive to the front. I then coated that with clear glitter. I applied glue to the berries with my Zig 2-way glue pen, and glittered them as well. I glued the outer piece of the flower to a scrap of white cardstock, and used that as a "base" to glue the inner pieces back in place. Finally, I fussy-cut the cardstock to follow the perimeter of the flower.

For the greeting, I stamped with Versafine Onyx Black on a panel of cream cardstock. I then heat embossed that with Ranger Holographic embossing powder, to give the card even more shine & shimmer.

I glued the pine branches in place on my card panel, & adhered the flower & berries in place over those. I basically just tacked everything down enough to hold them in place, but still let them fluff up. As a finishing touch, I added Pale Gold Nuvo Crystal Drops to the center of the poinsettia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!