Friday, November 10, 2017

Two Holiday Cards


Catch the Bug Challenge Blog has been having an "Anything Goes" challenge this past week. I decided to make a couple more cards to enter.


I used the sketch from Stella Says Sketch Challenge #518 for my design, flipping it horizontally. For my first card, I used Bugaboo's "Christmas Moose Ornaments" digital image. I sized it in Photoshop, and printed it on a piece of kraft cardstock. I colored the image with my Prismacolor colored pencils. After I finished that, I went over the eyes with a black marker, just to darken them, and applied Glossy Accents to the eyes & ornaments for some added shine.

I cut a 5.5x2" strip of patterned paper from my scrap stash for the lower strip. I used the green pattern on the reverse of that for my border strip, & punched that with the Fiskars "Upper Crest" border punch. I adhered the border strip to the back of the red patterned paper, and adhered that to a cream A2-size cardstock panel.

For my greeting, I used the one from Lawn Fawn's "Winter in the Park" stamp set. After I matted & adhered my focal panel in place, I stamped my greeting, using my MISTI stamp positioner tool to make sure I got it straight. I colored 3 clear gems with Ranger Lettuce alcohol ink, let that dry, and glued them to my card with Ranger Multi Medium Matte. Finally, I adhered my card front to a white A2 card base.


I used Bugaboo's "Sunbonnet Christmas Tree" image for my second card. I printed it onto a piece of Canson XL Mixed Media paper, and colored it with my Prismacolor pencils. I matted it with a narrow green border, and added Glossy Accents to the ornaments & holly berries in her bonnet.

For the patterned paper strip, I used a scrap from The Paper Studio's "Woodland Wonderland" 6x6" patterned paper pad. I punched a red border strip with Fiskars' "Apron Lace" punch, and adhered it behind my patterned paper strip. I adhered that to pink cardstock, and also mounted my focal panel in place. I stamped "Happy Christmas" from Simon Says Stamp's "Christmas" set in Versafine Onyx Black ink. I colored three 5mm pearls from The Paper Studio with Ranger Cranberry alcohol ink, and glued them in place with Multi Medium Matte. Finally, I adhered my card front to a white A2 card base.

I'm also entering my cards in Catch the Bug's Stella Says Sketch Challenge #518.

8 comments:

  1. I love both cards! thanks for joining Catch the bug's anything goes challenge good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet, both great takes on our sketch. Your coloring on Kraft looks beautiful! Thanks for joining our challenge at Catch the Bug, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are adorable, Andrea. Great coloring of the Bugaboo images. Thanks for joining Stella Says Sketch at Catch the Bug this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great takes on the sketch!Love your coloring!
    Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!