Sunday, September 10, 2017

Joy to the World


The theme for Merry Monday Christmas Challenge this week has been "Joy." I created this one-layer card using Hero Arts "Stain Glass Nativity" (discontinued) & "Joy to the World" stamps.

Because of the size of the stamps & the layout I wanted to use, I ended up having to make a card slightly smaller than A6 size. I first cut a piece of Strathmore Smooth Bristol paper to 4.25x6.25". After I stamped & heat embossed the image & greeting, I masked them off. I created the mask for the greeting by die cutting one of the "Labels" from Sizzix/Tim Holtz from a full-sticky Post It note, and trimming the top & bottom to be straight.

Once the masks were in place, I inked the whole panel with Hickory Smoke Distress ink. I wanted to create a brick wall look, so this was my "mortar." I taped the "English Brick Wall" stencil from My Favorite Things over my panel. I inked that with Fired Brick & Pumice Stone Distress inks. I had to move the stencil up, matching up the pattern, because it wasn't large enough to cover my whole card front. Thankfully, it's an easy pattern to match! After I removed the stencil, I inked around the edges with more Pumice Stone, to accent the center.

I colored the image with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, adding in a few Tombow markers for colors I didn't have in the Zigs. Once that was done, I lightly (and carefully!) buffed off the ink that was on top of the embossed lines. I outlined the greeting area with a black marker, and adhered my card front to a white card base.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

A Blog Named Hero: "One Layer"
Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge: "Stamp It"
Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge: "Stamp It"
Creative Knockouts #210 : "Something to Say"

8 comments:

  1. Stunning...love your gorgeous nativity scene! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great Card! Love the way you colored it!!! WOW!! Wish i was that good with colors!!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge -- it was very special because we are celebrating STAMPtember so we thank you twice! We hope to see you again next week!
    x Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Such a wonderful image! Love your coloring!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, love the brick background and your coloring on the stain glass window. Thanks for sharing with A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!