Monday, September 11, 2017

Comfort & Peace


The brother-in-law of a friend of my mom's was recently killed in a motorcycle accident. Mama asked me to make a sympathy card to send to her friend.

I used the sketch from the current Fusion Card Challenge for my design:

I began with my focal area and worked out. I die cut a doily from ivory cardstock using the larger of My Favorite Things' "Decorative Doily Duo" (discontinued). I also cut several flower pieces from blue & yellow cardstock using 2 of the Spellbinders "Blooms One" dies. I glued the flowers together--3 layers per bloom--applying liquid glue just to the centers.

For the background, I cut a piece of patterned paper from Graphic 45's "Trousseau" 6x6" pad for the left side, and adhered it to an A2-size panel of navy cardstock.

I stamped a greeting from Avery Elle's "With Sympathy" set onto a strip of tan cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black ink, and cut the right end at an angle. After adhering the doily to the card front, I glued down my greeting strip & flowers, tucking the left end of the strip under the larger flower. Finally, I mounted the card front to a white A2 card base.

I'm also entering my card in the following challenges:

Dies R Us #80: "Die Cut Handmade Flowers"
Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge: "Stamp It"
613 Avenue Create: "Anything Goes"

12 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Die Cut Handmade Flowers’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty flowers and colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your designs in future challenges.
    Kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Such a lovely design! So very pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your Mum's friend will really appreciate the card - the dp you've used is such a pretty backdrop and I love those die cut blooms. Thanks for playing along at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card with sweet diecut flowers! Glad you shared it at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!