Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Happy Birthday


I've been taking "Sheer & Clear," the newest class from Online Card Classes. Jennifer McGuire's lesson on Day 2 of class was on coloring vellum with dye inks. I used her lesson as inspiration for my project.

I began by cutting a piece of vellum to 4.25x6.5", & masked off the top 1". I used Memento dye inks in Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, Dandelion, Cantaloupe, and Tangelo to color it, going direct-to-paper with the ink pads. I wiped the excess ink from the vellum after inking each color. When I'd finished with one side, I flipped the vellum over and did the same to the other side. Finally, I hit it with my heat tool for a few seconds to make sure it was dry.

I stamped the flowers from Stampendous' "Daisy Thanks" in Versmark on the front of my panel, and heat embossed them with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder.

For the greeting, I used one from the "Happy Messages" set, also by Stampendous. I cut a piece of white cardstock, and die cut the pierced holes in the top & bottom edges with one of the "Basic Stitch Lines" dies by My Favorite Things. I repeated this process to create a second panel. On the first panel, I stamped my greeting and heat embossed it with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I adhered that to my vellum panel, and adhered the second cardstock piece on the back side, to hide the adhesive.

To finish my card, I scored my vellum at 1" from the top to create a flap. I sandwiched the flap between my A2 card base and another piece of white cardstock cut to 4.25x5.5", so the adhesive is again hidden.

I'm entering my card in Simon Says Stamp's Work It Wednesday "Flowers" challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card!! How do you like this class? I didn't sign up for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! :) I liked the class overall. It was kind of a mini-class. There were 4 days of lessons, plus the bonus day. I didn't get a chance to play as much, but did get some cards done. Great techniques demonstrated for working with vellum & acetate!

      Delete
  2. I love this whole card! The background, flowers and sentiment are all put together just right! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!