Thursday, June 11, 2015

You Rock!


This is my second card for Catch the Bug Challenge Blog's "Stella Says Sketch #310" challenge.


I chose Bugaboo Stamp's "Circle Sentiment--You Rock" for my image. I sized it in Photoshop, and printed it on a piece of 90 lb. watercolor paper I'd cut & embossed with a Spellbinders "Standard Circles LG" die. I die cut a scallop circle using a Lifestyle Crafts "Nesting Scallops" die (I believe this set is discontinued). I colored the guitar & stars with Inktense pencils, blending the colors with a damp brush. Then I glued the focal panel to the scalloped mat piece.

For the background, I cut a piece of patterned paper from Kaisercraft's "Technologic" 6.5x6.5" pad to 3x5.25". I also cut a piece of cardstock to 1x5.25", and adhered both to a navy panel cut to A2 size. Finally, I glued my focal panel in place.

I added 3 "pearls" with Onyx Pearl Liquid Pearls to the 1" cardstock strip, put a coat of Glossy Accents on the stars & parts of the guitar, mounted the card front to an A2 card base, and I was done! This card will also be going in my final shipment to Operation Write Home.

I'm also entering this card in Catch the Bug's "Anything Goes" challenge.

6 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog. Please join us again soon.
    love
    Jen L
    Bugaboo Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! Thank you so much for linking up with us in our “Stella Says Sketch” challenge at Catch The Bug! Please join us, again, next time, for a new sketch and more chances to win! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!