Yes, I went WAAAY back in time for this one. I rarely use the earlier sketches from OWH, but decided this would be a good one to use big pieces of 2 different papers, which is kind of the first step in the larger process of using an entire paper pad.
For my first card, I cut the patterned paper pieces first. To add a bit of visual interest, I indented the cut at the corners by 1/4", rather than having the diagonal line go directly from corner to corner as in the sketch. I adhered them to a white A2 card base.
I die cut the dream catcher & feathers from white cardstock, using the "Dream Believer" dies by WPlus9. Using my MISTI, I stamped the corresponding images onto the die cuts, as well as one of the greetings from that set. I used Versafine Onyx Black ink for the greeting & inner part of the dream catcher, Chestnut Roan chalk ink for the solid part of the feathers, & Hero Arts' Cup o' Joe ink for the detail on the feathers and the frame of the dream catcher.
I die cut a piece of vellum with one of the "Nesting Scallops" circle dies by Lifestyle Crafts to back the main part of the dream catcher. This way, the background would be muted, and wouldn't compete with the focal image. I glued the dream catcher to that. I pierced holes in 3 spots on the frame, and threaded grey embroidery floss through each hole, adhering it on the back of the dream catcher. I glued the finished piece to my card front, and glued down the feathers with Ranger Multi Medium Matte, sandwiching the other end of the floss pieces between each feather & the background. That finished Card #1.
I created the base for my second card the same as the first, just using the opposite pieces. I stamped the peach & greeting from Avery Elle's "Berry Good" set on a scrap of Strathmore Mixed Media Paper, with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink. Once the ink had dried thoroughly, I colored it with Inktense pencils, using a damp brush to blend out the colors. I die cut it with the coordinating die. I also die cut a piece of vellum with a "Lacey Ovals" die by Spellbinders. I glued the focal image to the vellum, and ran the whole thing through my Xyron Create-a-Sticker machine, to apply an even layer of adhesive to the back of the vellum. Finally, I adhered the panel to my card front. I will be sending both cards to Operation Write Home, as part of my final shipment during their "Finish Strong" campaign.
I'm entering my cards in Live Love Cards' June Challenge: "Vellum."