Monday, June 29, 2015

I Really Really REALLY Miss You!


Splitcoast Stampers is having their Sketch Challenge #546. I had to work out the dimensions of all the elements, but I stayed true to the sketch. I'm also still working through my Prima "Doodle Deux" 6x6" paper pad, as I explained in this post. So I figured I'd kill both birds with one stone with my card, so to speak.

After choosing 3 patterns from the collection, I cut them to size. I decided to mat all my layers with black, to echo the black in one of the patterned papers. I adhered my layers to a piece of black paper, and used one of my Perfect Paper rulers to create a 1/16" mat on all sides.

I chose a greeting stamp from Stampabilities. I stamped it in Versafine Onyx Black ink on a piece of peach cardstock, and matted it with black. I die cut one of Spellbinders' "Ribbon Buckles" from metallic copper cardstock, and threaded some cream ribbon through that. After adhering my patterned paper layers to some more peach cardstock that I'd matted with black, I determined where to place my greeting panel. I used that to gauge the placement of my ribbon, then adhered the ribbon ends on the back of the matted peach layer. I adhered my greeting panel on top, and glued the ribbon buckle in place, so it won't shift around.

I matted a piece of blue cardstock with more black, giving it a 1/8" mat. Finally, I adhered my layers to that, and mounted it to a white A2-size card base. I will be sending this card to Operation Write Home.

I'm also entering this card in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mix of patterns on your card. Great card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!