Monday, October 27, 2014

Peace Love & Joy


A woman who works with my mom recently saw some cards I'd made for Operation Write Home, and was so impressed that she asked if I could make some Christmas cards for her to give. This is the first of those cards.

My inspiration came from one of the cards in this post that I found on Pinterest. I began by embossing a piece of white cardstock with the "A2 Snowflakes" embossing folder by The Paper Studio. I cut a piece of dot patterned paper from The Paper Studio's "Blanc Boutique" 12x12" paper pad for the lower panel. I also stamped the greeting from this Hero Arts set onto a piece of white cardstock in Versamark and heat embossed it with Ranger Silver embossing powder. I die cut it with one of the Spellbinders' "Labels Four" dies, and inked the edges with Tumbled Glass Distress ink.

I blended more Tumbled Glass on the front of a white A2 card base. After rounding 2 corners of the embossed & patterned paper panels, I adhered them to the card base. I felt there needed to be something over the seam, so I punched some silver shimmer cardstock with Fiskars' "Scallop Sentiment" border punch and cut that into a thin strip. I glued that over the seam, and glued the greeting panel on top.



To finish, I stamped another sentiment from the same Hero Arts set on the inside of the card, using Hero Arts Silver shadow ink. A simple, but elegant card.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Hero Arts Holiday Challenge: "White Out"
a2z Scrapbooking's October Challenge: Use 2 "hard" Hero Arts products (used 2 stamps)

5 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card, Andrea! I'm sure your mom is going to love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry...I hit enter too soon ~

    Thanks so much for playing along in this month’s challenge at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of you to use your cardmaking talents to create cards for someone else! I love doing that in my donations for OWH an also two local Dachshund Rescues very near to my Heart!! This is a beautiful card and I cam see why she wanted you to make even MORE!!

    Thanks for entering it at a2z and Good Luck Andrea! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the embossed snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, your card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the a2z challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!