Sunday, April 27, 2014

Happy Father's Day Banners


Father's Day, at least for Operation Write Home, is fast approaching. The deadline for cards to get to them is April 30, so I have been hard at work finishing up some more cards, so I can mail them out tomorrow!

For the design of this card, I used this OWH sketch. I did have to cut the banners narrower than in the sketch, since they didn't seem to want to fit well, even though I cut all the other pieces to the indicated dimensions. Other than that, I stayed true to the design.



I used 2 patterned papers from graphic 45's "Good Ol' Sport" 6x6" pad for the background and the strip along the left edge. For the banners, I pulled one pattern from 7gypsies' "Postale" 6x6" pad, and the other from their "Venice" pad. I inked over the banner with the checkerboard pattern with Iced Spruce Distress ink to age it a little more, and did the same on the red patterned banner with Frayed Burlap. After adhering the striped piece to the background and determining where the greeting panel would go, I glued down the banners.

For the greeting panel, I inked over white cardstock with Frayed Burlap, which ended up giving it a kind of leathery look--perfect for a masculine card! I used one of the greetings from this digital stamp set by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, printing it directly onto the inked cardstock panel. I inked around the edges of the card front with Frayed Burlap, just to help tie it in with the inking on the banners & greeting panel. Finally, I adhered the greeting to the card front, adhered that to a standard A2 card base, and it was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!