Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Happy Easter Bunny


For once, I'm not creating a card for Operation Write Home. Rather, I made an Easter card for a friend of ours.

I based my design on this OWH sketch:


For the largest background panel, I used a floral print from 7gypsies' "Conservatory" 6x6" paper pad. The stripe & dot patterned papers are from the "Botanical Tea" 6x6" pad by Graphic 45. I aged the striped paper a bit by blending some Antique Linen Distress Ink over it with my Mini Ink Blending Tool. I adhered the patterned papers to a 4.25x5.5" piece of blue cardstock, which I then mounted to a standard A2 card base.

The focal image is this one from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I typed the "Happy Easter" text on a circular path around it in Photoshop, then printed it all on a piece of watercolor paper. I colored the bunny with watercolor pencils & my water brush. Then I die cut that panel with a Spellbinders "Classic Circles Large" die. For the mat, I used the flip side of the striped patterned paper, & die cut it with one of Spellbinders' "Lacey Circles" dies. Then I glued those together & adhered them to the card front.

After I had adhered everything, I rounded all 4 corners with my 1/2" Corner Chomper. I wish I had rounded the top corners of the floral patterned paper as well, but I didn't think about it until it was too late. Ah well, c'est la vie! I still think it looks nice!

I'm entering this card in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Happy Easter and/or Sweet Treats" challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!