Monday, September 12, 2022

Squirrelly Happy Halloween


Challenge #200 at Dies R Us challenge blog is "Anything Goes with any brand of die DRU sells." I have been in full-on Halloween card creating mode, to send several to Send a Smile 4 Kids. I came across Sketch #SC866 at Splitcoaststampers.com, & thought, if you turn it sideways, it looks like a stepped wall. What else to do but put a bunch of Jack-o'-Lanterns - that 2 squirrels have dutifully carved - on the "steps"? I used stamps & dies from Lawn Fawn's "Pick of the Patch" set for this card.

I stamped the pumpkins, squirrels, knife, & scoop onto Strathmore Smooth bristol paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I used my Tombow markers to color everything, & add a bit of detail to the pumpkins. Then I stamped the faces on the Jack-o'-Lanterns. Finally I die cut everything with the coordinating dies.

For the wall, I cut the stepped levels into a piece of grey cardstock. I used the "Small Brick Wall" stencil from My Favorite Things to stencil the bricks. I used 2 colors of Distress ink - Rusty Hinge & Fired Brick - to add a bit of "life" to the bricks. I used the other half of the grey cardstock to create the ledges at the tops of the steps. I adhered it to the back of the wall panel so it stuck about 1/8" above the bricks, & then trimmed off the vertical bits so it was just a ledge on each step.

I used My Favorite Things' "Mini Cloud Edges" stencil & Salvaged Patina Distress ink to do the sky on a panel of white cardstock. I stamped the greeting onto a scrap of green cardstock with Lawn Fawn's Jalapeno ink. Then I die cut the top of the grass with a "Grassy Fields" die (discontinued), also from My Favorite Things.

I adhered the wall to my stenciled background, & added the grass, applying ATG adhesive only to the bottom part of the strip. That way I could tuck my pumpkin & one of the squirrels behind the grass. I glued all the images onto my card. I added some shine to the squirrels' noses with a black glaze pen, & that finished this card.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Love these adorable pumpkin carving squirrels and their collections of carved pumpkins. Thank you for sharing with us at SAS4Kids!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!