Sunday, October 17, 2021

The Best Birthday Ever


I am in need of several cards for fast-upcoming birthdays. I actually made two of this version, with different color schemes. The current challenge at Double Trouble inspired the autumnal color palette.

I pulled out my Gina K. Designs 4" Wreath Builder template. Since I just wanted to make a swag at the top & bottom, though, I used a piece of white cardstock cut to 4x5-1/4", rather than a 4" square like you would normally use with this template. I also used images from Gina's "Autumn Wreath Builder" stamp set.

I used all Memento dye inks for my stamping. I began by stamping the maple leaves in Cantaloupe. After I stamped the first leaf in the middle on one end of my panel, I turned my cardstock to the adjacent diagonal orientation in the template, & stamped the second. I turned the panel to the other adjacent diagonal orientation, & stamped a third leaf. Then, I turned the panel 180° & stamped 3 more leaves in the same way. I stamped the longer sprigs with Bamboo Leaves ink, positioning them between the maple leaves. For the flowers & other 2 sprigs, since I only stamped 2 on each end, I had to stamp the image, rotate my cardstock 180°, & stamp again. Then I repositioned the stamp on the opposite side of the panel, & repeated the process. The smaller sprigs I actually stamped first with Bamboo Leaves, then stamped on top with Teal Zeal.

After I finished stamping my images, I removed the Wreath Builder template from my MISTI stamp positioning tool, & put my panel back in with a grid sheet over it to help me line up the circle (from the original "Wreath Builder" stamp set) for my greeting. When I finally lined that up, I stamped it with Tangelo ink. I double-stamped the greeting, also from the original set, with Teal Zeal ink. To finish the card, I matted it with peach cardstock & adhered it to a white A2-size card base.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. What a great way to use the wreath builder - love the colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with your wreath builder, love your color combination and your placement of the sentiment. Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so bright and cheerful! Thanks for a fun and beautiful entry into our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!