Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Have a Fabulous Day


I have been participating in Online Card Classes' "Spring Card Camp," which is going on this month. I created this card, inspired by Debby Hughes' lesson on Day 5. I'm entering it in Creative Knockouts' Challenge #346: "Spring is on the Way."

I cut a panel of watercolor paper and taped it to a board. I applied clear water to the whole panel, then dropped in watercolors. I dried it with my heat tool, added a die cut stencil, and applied more watercolor. I let that air dry, then peeled off the stencil.

I stamped the butterfly from Hero Arts' "Butterfly & Flower" set (discontinued) onto a scrap of Strathmore Smooth Bristol paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I hit that briefly with my heat tool, just to make sure the ink dried thoroughly. The coordinating die doesn't cut the body, which is actually a separate stamp, so I fussy cut the image instead. Then I colored the butterfly sections with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I applied a small amount of color at the base of each wing section, then used a damp paintbrush to draw the color out to the end & create shading.

I stamped the greeting from the same set onto another scrap of bristol, and die cut it with a Hero Arts "Nesting Oval Infinity" die. Because the background panel had a few hard lines from the watercolor drying against the tape, I also die cut it with a Hero Arts "Rounded Rectangle Infinity" die. Finally, I adhered a panel of pink cardstock to a white A2-size card base, adhered my main panel, & glued on a few 5mm & 8mm Darice Crystal sequins.

I'm also entering my card in the following challenges:

The House that Stamps Built #DCC A120: "April Showers (Something Wet)" (used watercolor)
Die Cut Divas: "All About Animals"
A Blog Named Hero: "Watercolor"

8 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card! I especially love your background and your beautifully colored butterfly. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts and hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is really pretty!! Thanks for linking up to our April challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo . . . this is beautiful!! Love that gorgeous background!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful background and it needed a lovely butterfly which you provided. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "All about the Animals" April challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!