Thursday, November 7, 2019

A Wonderful Holiday Season


The November sketch challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown inspired the design for this card. The background is actually a technique piece that I did last summer, I believe for Dare to Get Dirty at Splitcoaststampers. I also used the "Mistletoe & Holly" stamp set & coordinating dies from the Essentials by Ellen line (discontinued), and one of the "Stitched Tags" by Pretty Pink Posh.

I first stamped the poinsettia in Simon Says Stamp Fog ink onto a scrap of Strathmore Vellum Bristol paper. I used my Prismacolor pencils to color it. Then I put the paper back in my MISTI stamp positioning tool, which I'd used to stamp initially, and stamped over the image with Versamark ink. I heat embossed with Ranger's Liquid Platinum embossing powder. That way, I got the heat embossed lines without them messing with my coloring.

To stamp the pine branches, I placed the stamp in my MISTI, and this time used smooth bristol paper. I began by coloring the stem portion of the stamp with a brown Tombow marker. I gave it a light mist of water, then stamped it onto my paper. I dried the stamp, and colored over the needles with a dark green marker. Then I misted that and stamped. I repeated this process a few times to get the depth of color I wanted. Then I did it all again for the second branch. Finally, I die cut the images with their coordinating dies.

I stamped my greeting onto a scrap of burgundy cardstock, and heat embossed with Ranger White Super Fine Detail embossing powder. I die cut that with a "Stitched Tags" die. I cut a 1" wide strip of patterned paper (from my scrap stash), and adhered it to my background. I arranged my images & tag over that on the left side, and glued them down. I added 3 red sequins for a bit of festive shine. I matted the panel with navy cardstock, & adhered that to a white A2-size card base.

8 comments:

  1. Quelle superbe carte Andrea, j'aime cette touche de nature avec ces branches et le très joli tag, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, the poinsettia and pine boughs are stunning.
    Jane
    GDT at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card - I love the background, they are my thing! The poinsettia and pine branches are great too - the stamp and die sets are so useful. Thanks for joining in at the 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful card! I especially love the pine sprigs! never seen that before. good luck at 52cct

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!