Monday, November 25, 2019

Happy Birthday!

The current Lawn Fawnatics challenge is "Fun with Dies." I did have a lot of fun putting this card together for a friend of mine!

I had only made one magic picture changer card with this die set from Lawn Fawn before this. I did watch a video by Carissa Wiley, demonstrating how to use the die, since it's been so long since then & I wanted a refresher course. But really, it's pretty easy to put together.

I stamped the cake, from "Birthday Before 'n Afters," on a piece of Strathmore Smooth Bristol paper with Ranger Jet Black Archival ink. I also stamped the other cake from the same set on the same paper. I colored both images with my Tombow markers, using a damp paintbrush to move the color & add shading. Finally, I die cut the images with the "Magic Picture Changer" dies.

The Magic Picture Changer with the second picture revealed

I used the "Magic Picture Changer Add-on" die set to cut the frame from a piece of Lawn Fawn's 12x12" Perfectly Plaid: Chill paper. After I assembled my magic picture changer, I adhered the frame to the front. I also stamped the "happy birthday" from "Birthday Before 'n Afters" using Guava ink onto a strip of white cardstock. Then I cut that into a banner shape, and adhered it to the front of my frame. I also used the "pull" tab from the add-on die set. After adhering it to the strip on the magic picture changer, I inserted the "P" into its spot, and used that as a guide to glue the center in place. (I did remove the letter before the glue dried.)

I didn't want just a plain background, so I used the "lit" cake stamp to stamp a pattern on a piece of hot pink cardstock with Guava ink. This tone-on-tone look gives enough interest without overwhelming the focal point. After I finished stamping, I adhered that panel to the front of a white A2-size card base, then mounted my magic picture changer with foam tape.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Through the Craft Room Door: "Anything Goes"
My Favorite Things The Birthday Project Challenge: "Shake, Move, & Groove!"
613 Avenue Create Challenge #227: "Anything Goes" (not playing the twist)

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and love the picture changer element.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card, Andrea! I love your Magic Picture Changer! Thanks for playing with Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! Love your cakes on the background

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!