Friday, March 13, 2015

You Rock!


Catch the Bug Challenge Blog is having an "Anything Goes" challenge this week. Since I have been kind of remiss in making cards for Send a Smile 4 Kids lately, I decided to make one for them using a Bugaboo Stamps image. I liked the "You Rock" Circle Sentiment image, & figure it would be perfect for a kid, especially a teenager. Great for a general pick-me-up card! I paired it with a bonus sketch from Operation Write Home:


I sized the sentiment image in Photoshop to fit on a 4" circle, then printed it onto a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media Paper. Since the circle extends above the top of the card base, I wanted something sturdy. I also chose Mixed Media Paper because I wanted to use my Inktense pencils to color the guitar & stars, which would require using a damp paintbrush. This paper just holds up to such things better than regular cardstock.

After I colored the guitar & stars, I used the smallest of Spellbinders' "Grand Circles" dies to trace a circle around the image. Then I cut it out with scissors. (None of the circle dies I have is exactly 4" in diameter, so I had to cut it by hand.) Finally, I inked around the edge with Vintage Photo Distress ink, just to provide a little definition.

For the card base, I chose a patterned paper from Kaisercraft's "Technologic" 6.5x6.5" paper pad. I thought the pattern looked something like a music equalizer readout, and the colors went well with the guitar as well. After adhering that to a 4.25" square card base, I glued the circle in place, making sure it would still fit in a standard A2 envelope. I cut a strip of a yellow striped paper from my scrap stash, and glued it to the card front. All that was left was to add a little shimmer to the stars with my clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, and add Glossy Accents to the stars and parts of the guitar.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great card! Thanks for joining us this week, I hope your number comes up in the draw!
    Please join us again soon.
    Love
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the sketch Andrea! The technologic paper goes with perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!