Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Merry Christmas


The second challenge for Catch the Bug's 2nd Annual Holiday Chaos series is a sketch challenge. This is the sketch they provided:


I decided to make the focal image round instead of a square. I used this image from Bugaboo Stamps, printing it on a piece of 140 lb. watercolor paper. I die cut it with a Spellbinders "Standard Circles SM" die. For the mat, I die cut & embossed a piece of dark brown cardstock with the largest die from Spellbinders' "Splendid Circles" set. After coloring the ornament on the focal piece with watercolor pencils and a damp brush, and watercoloring the background around the image, I glued the piece onto the brown die cut piece.

I cut 4 pieces of patterned paper from my scrap stash to 2.5" square. After inking the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress ink to give them a little more definition, I glued them in place on a piece of cream cardstock. Because of the fine detail in the die cut mat, I ran the focal panel through my Xyron Creative Station, to apply a layer of adhesive to the back, and adhered it in place over the squares. I punched a 5.5" long strip of white cardstock using the Double Edge Snowflake Trim Punch from Martha Stewart Crafts. I cut another piece of white cardstock to 1.5x5.5", inked it with Gathered Twigs, & adhered it to the card front. I ran the snowflake strip through my Xyron Sticker Maker, and when the Distress ink had dried, adhered the strip on top of the Gathered Twigs panel. Finally, I printed a sentiment on the inside of my card base, and adhered the completed card front to that.

I'm also entering this card in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Christmas/Holidays" challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Andrea :-) the colours and whole design of this is fabulous ! love the layout too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Andrea! Love the papers you chose, and your lacey details! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and elegant!
    Thanks for joining us on Day two of our Holiday Chaos week at Bugaboo! We hope to see you every day so you can be in the running for that big prize!
    love
    Jen L
    Bugaboo Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!