Friday, October 27, 2023

Merry Christmas Mouse


This week's challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown is "Christmas Cup." I have had this panel with the "Sweet Cocoa" digital image from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps on my desk for at least a year or 2, waiting for me to color it & make a card around it. This challenge inspired me finally to do just that!



To create the original focal panel, I opened the image in Photoshop & resized it to fit a panel as per an old Operation Write Home sketch. I typed the Merry Christmas words along the rim of the cup, making sure to delete the text where Cocoa's paws covered it, just to increase the realism. Then I printed it onto a piece of Canson XL Mixed Media paper. And, as I said, it has sat on my desk ever since.

I used my Prismacolor pencils to color the image, & then matted it with red cardstock. I adhered 2 scraps of patterned paper from my stash to a panel of the same red cardstock, & adhered my focal panel. I glued 3 buttons to my card front, let the glue dry (well, mostly - I did get impatient!), & then pierced holes through the buttons into my background and stitched through the buttons with white crochet twine. I had to squirt a little more glue under the buttons, just to anchor them further. (I did let that dry thoroughly!) Finally, I added my card front to a white A2 card base.

I'm also entering my card in the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. trop mignon Andrea, un amour tout en mignonnerie, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, What a cute image and fun colors you have used to create a fun and interesting card. Thanks for sharing with us this week at 52 CCT. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Andrea, I am so glad you decided to put that panel to use because this is adorable. This is a cheery, colorful card that surely would bring a big smile to a little face. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!