Friday, May 26, 2023

Happy Mother's Day


I based the design & floral embellishments for this card on Try Stampin' on Tuesday's Sketch #607 challenge.


I began by creating the flower layers with an old punch from The Paper Studio. I punched 3 layers for each flower, then glued them together, adding glue just to the centers. I finished them off by adding a gem in the middle of each.

I embossed the panel to go behind the flowers with the "Floral Fantasy" embossing folder from Cuttlebug (discontinued). I matted it with navy cardstock to help it stand out, then adhered that to my white A2 card base.

I cut a strip from an inky background I'd made several months ago. I adhered that to my card, and then glued the flowers over it.

I stamped a greeting from Simon Says Stamp's "All About Mom" stamp set in Lawn Fawn Deep Sea ink. Finally, I die cut a vine using one of the Spellbinder's "Sprigs" dies (discontinued), and glued that next to the greeting.

I'm also entering my card in 613 Avenue Create's May challenge: "Anything Goes" (playing the optional twist of "Say It with Flowers")

8 comments:

  1. Loving the textured background and lemon drop colors. So pretty. Thanks for joining us atavenue613-blog.com. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni Cuttino, 613 Avenue Create , DT Coordinator
    613 Avenue Create ,Challenge Blog
    chasingthedream,My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, I love EVERYTHING about your card! Using that floral embossing folder was so inspired!! Your card demonstrates why it pays to keep those old punches from years ago... they were PERFECT for your project. Thank you so much for sharing your card and creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the textures and soft colors!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at TSOT!
    -- Dalis
    http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!